Thursday, September 15, 2011

FOR LABOR DAY

A Labor Day Power Thought:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
   Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls." (Matt. 11:27-29 AMP).
Now please re-read that passage above. Very Very Cool.

Jesus said, in effect, 'lay your burden down'. We were never meant to
be or live as 'pack-mules'. HE's the burden=carrier, the burden=lifter.
He encourages all of us 'laborers' to 'take it easy' and take a REST.
Lay it all down, upon Jesus. All the cares of this life, all the turmoil,
all the pain, all the struggle, all the stress and all - all - all of the 'Labor'.
How more appropriate words for a day like today?

Also, In the book of Hebrews, the unknown writer states that some in Israel
missed out on "entering into THE REST". They missed out because of 'unbelief'
(a refusal to believe the promises of God).
We are being called to, being given a chance to hear this message.
And even today, we are
exhorted to "enter into The Rest". What IS The Rest??
The moment YOU cease from 'all your labors', all of your so=called
'works in God', all of your strivings, all of your great so=called
'spiritual feats', and all of your struggle with 'sin' and all of your
pursuing after 'perfection', and simply let THE HOLY SPIRIT
take the helm, and work His Works THROUGH YOU. That, my
friends IS The Rest. And it is marvelous. Try it Today. On this
day of 'rest' for laborers. Yeah. 
I trust that you, as I did way back in 2001, will be amazed as
the power of God courses through you to accomplish great things.
I simply said, "Today, Holy Spirit, I make myself available for you
to flow through me!" And to see the hand of God, and know you
are a partner with Him, but you had little to do with the results
and the works ... at the end of the day, it's an amazing feeling.

And I know, you'll like how it feels.  :) happy


HAPPY LABOR DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment