Monday, March 19, 2012

DECLARATION OF VICTORY

I have returned from a "break" . . .  altho I'm still
on "spring break" (cuz some of the kids still are)
and I needed to walk thru some things before
I decided that I was ready to write again.
Plus, been busy developing a couple of artists
and busy promoting/making my own music & such.

So, for the moment, back to blogging.
This one is special, very different.
So buckle your seat-belts, we're in for a wild ride.
I assure you that no passengers will be harmed.
Now's The Time.



Declaration of Victory Over My Enemy


At long last, I get to blast my true feelings
toward YOU, my Nemesis, my foe from long ago.
For I must say, you had me goin' ... near bonkers for
a very long, long time! NOW -- it's my turn; my turn
to EXPOSE you to the whole world, and my turn to
"tell you off" and I'll do it with all the gumption and
unction in me, knowin' that God Almighty is directin'
me to do so!! And there is NO shame with me, I
don't particularly care what you think or what many
others think, I'm gonna do this. You've been cruisin'
for a bruisin' for way too long a time, now I'm gonna
lay it down straight.

Like The Singer, Carman says, this is what you did to me:

You tried to break me, tried to shake me
Tried to take me with your lies
You tried to drop me, tried to stop me
Tried to chop me down to size
You tried to crush me, tried to hush me
Tried to rush me and attack ...
You tried to drug me, tried to slug me
Tried to plug me up with guilt
You tried to shoot me, tried to loot me
Tried to boot my mind on tilt
You tried to kill me, tried to still me
Tried to bill me for my sin
But the blood has washed me clean
Since I've been born again I sure can
Slam! temptation with the Word
I can slam! each lie that I have heard
I can slam! the devil on his back
The rod of God will stop the attack.
("Slam", Copyright by Carman, excerpted lyrics
provided by lyricstime.com for non-commercial use)

And you came to me, all those years ago
and presented yourself as something cuddly & jolly.

What I did not know is that you were
worming your way into my being, into
my very subconscious ... while I was but
a child, unsuspecting, trusting that you
were safe. Your programs & your hypnotic
spells by your mantras and continual
repetitive words and motions ... I was caught off guard!




What you did reminded me of a Pink Floyd lyric:

The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.
("Brain Damage" from DSOTM, copyright
Pink Floyd; excerpted from lyricsfreak.com
for educational purposes only)

And the damage had already been done. But you
didn't care. You thought an innocent and nice guy
was typical prey. It was "no skin off your back".
You struck out of jealousy, your network of evil
was looking for someone to curse, someone to haunt.
And So ... You brought in and called in
ALL your cronies to complete the task, of destroying
a LIFE. But I am HERE TODAY to tell you that ...
YOU   HAVE   LOST!
You have FAILED!!


By the weapons of my warfare and by the power
and wisdom of The Holy Spirit, we have been
enabled and anointed to unravel your secrets
you hid in the dark, to rip off your masks and
to expose your wicked and treacherous ways!
I do not say "I forgive you", for you would see that
as 'weakness' ... as you have many times pounced on my
sensitivity, the way God made me.
But you mocked me & ridiculed me.
You have been My Enemy.
But I am past you, I will not dwell on you,
and you no longer dwell anywhere in me!
And because I have gone through this horrendous
amount of suffering, abuse and trial by you,
I can help COUNTLESS others who have also
been attacked by the likes of YOU.


Like myself, I'm sure that many other peoples have spent
hours & hours of deep soul-searching, to try to discover
what exactly was the source of their defeat and oppression ...
all the while striving to follow The Master (Jesus) with a pure heart.
And religious answers were plenteous but never helped.
And some wise men tried to help, but to no avail.
The Holy Spirit showed me your stealth, your diabolical plan.
And he will show them too!
He will deliver them too.
And your kingdom will FALL.


There have been some very dark times ...
I am so very thankful that there has been a Savior
watching over me in the nightwatches ...
able to swoop down when necessary and
destroy your works, O Enemy.
It is because of the Lord Jesus and
The Holy Spirit and The Sword of The Spirit
That I have the VICTORY over you.
THIS DAY I PROCLAIM IT.
JESUS IS LORD ...
And . . .  I  am  a  Victor. 

For more inspiration, listen to the song
"Behind The Mask" from my new album
of the same title. Just click this link
and then click the play button.

God Bless You.
TONY PRINCE




No comments:

Post a Comment